Saturday, May 05, 2007
Monday, January 08, 2007
Good luck to everyone out there in blog land. I hope your dreams come true this year.
Edit: A few people have emailed me or left messages but I don't know who you are. Either you have a nickname that you're not using when you message me or you're a lurker. Please leave me your blog address and I will contact you with the new details. I apologise if you're a regular and I just don't recognise your email address.
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Saturday, December 30, 2006
Friday, December 29, 2006
My house is a pig sty and the only thing i've managed to do this week is take down the tree and put away all the decorations, i'm going to try and get a bit more done today.
I hope you all had a lovely Christma and that Santa brought you heaps of presents. I scored well this year and we had a nice day with my brother and his family. Unfortunately I forgot to take any photographs (idiot!!) and I have nothing to post on here to show you. We took video of Lachie opening his presents but I have no idea how to upload that. My brother and his wife took photos at their house so i'll try and get a copy of them.
I'm off to make this Mushroom Strata recipe now, cos I bought the ingredients to make it on Boxing Day and I haven't felt up to making it yet, but if I don't make it today, i'll have to throw out all the food and that would be a waste.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Sunday, December 24, 2006
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Anyhoo, that's it for me probably for the rest of this year, so i'll sign off, say "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year" and when I come back after trecking through the Blue Mountains for a couple of days and then Dubbo Zoo (hope the animals don't smell too much! haha) I will be extra motivated to get rid of the rest of my blubber.
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Monday, December 11, 2006
Sunday, December 10, 2006
1) Are your parents married or divorced?
Divorced, ages ago, when I was 15 actually.
2) Are you a vegetarian?
Crap no, bring me a cow and a sheep and a pig and I will devour them in their entirety.
3) Do you believe in Heaven?
Sure they are in the chocolate isle, I’ve seen them, but I don’t dare to touch!
4) Have you ever come close to dying?
Only when my heart was broken and I felt like dying, but not really.
5) What jewelery do you wear 24/7?
Wedding ring, engagement ring, eternity ring, ball earrings.
6) Favourite time of day?
Getting home from work. Sleeping in with the little DS, especially when he climbs all over me and gives me big kisses and cuddles.
7) Do you eat the stems of broccoli?
8) Do you wear makeup?
Yes, I have really crappy skin (probably because I wear makeup every day)
9) Ever have plastic surgery?
Not yet. I would love to get a breast reduction if/when I ever have the money.
10) Do you color your hair?
11) What do you wear to bed?
In winter, PJ’s, in summer a singlet shirt and undies.
12) Have you ever done anything illegal?
Yes, but I’m not listing the things here as I don’t want to be arrested!! LMAO
13) Can you roll your tongue?
14) Do You tweeze your eyebrows?
Sometimes, but mostly get them waxed.
15) What kind of sneakers?
Cheap Kmart ones, but I’m buying myself a good pair, if/when I ever get to the shops. I got a couple of vouchers for my birthday and I’m going to use them for healthy lifestyle options.
16) Do you believe in Abortions?
That all depends on the circumstances. I’m with Hayley on this one.
17) What is your Hair color?
Brown I think, have been colouring it for so long I can’t really remember! Hehe. Lots of greys now though.
18) Future child's name?
Not sure, I have only ever liked the name Lachlan and I have one of those already! hehe.
19) Do you snore?
When I’m drunk, or have a cold. But it doesn’t matter no-one would hear me over DH’s earsplitting thunderous snoring anyway!
20) If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?
Anywhere away from work.
21) Do you sleep with stuffed animals?
No, well I guess if DS comes in with his, then yes, but none of my own.
22) If you won the lottery, what would you do first?
Pay off the house, get the garden landscaped, but DH a huge LCD plasma screen TV and have it wall mounted, also would get proper surround sound, all house stuff.Oh I would buy myself a huge diamond ring and get that breast reduction!!
23) Gold or silver?
Mostly I wear gold, but occasionally I wear silver, but NEVER together!!
24) Hamburger or hot dog?
The hot dogs in Europe are unreal, but hamburgers do just fine too.
25) If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Is this a loaded question? Would the calories count? If the calories don’t count then it would be cheese and biscuits – but if they do then I guess I’ll take vegetables.
26) City, beach or country?
I love the country.
27) What was the last thing you touched?
Before the keyboard, the baby gate in the kitchen, I locked it for when DS gets up.
28) Where did you eat last?
In the lounge chair, we had home made pizzas last night. I had onion, capsicum, mushroom, pineapple, potato and a very small and angelic amount of lite mozerella.
29) When's the last time you cried?
Last night watching my Lost DVDs. When Sawyer tells Jack that he met his dad at a bar in Sydney.
30) Do you read blogs?
I devour them!
31) Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex?
Not on purpose!! hehe
32) Ever been involved with the police?
Yes, I LOVE men in uniform!
33) What's your favourite shampoo, conditioner and soap?
Charles Worthington Shampoo and Conditioner. I have to be careful with soap cos I’m allergic to so many things, so we use sunlight.
34) Do you talk in your sleep?
35) Ocean or pool?
Neither, can’t swim.
38) Window seat or aisle?
39) Ever met anyone famous?
Tommy and Phil Emmanuel – at the All Nations Club in Kings Cross, when I was about 16 years old. Andrew and Matthew Johns were at the Hotel on the day that Jason and I got married. When I was working in London my girlfriend and I got jobs at Wembley Stadium and we served heaps of famous British football type people (but we didn’t really recognise anyone) except for that guy with the red hair from Thank God it’s Friday. George Michael and Alison Moyet were rumoured to be turning up one night when we were there, but they didn’t front. If I think of anyone else I’ll add later, but obviously no-one earth shatteringly famous!
40) Do you feel that you've had a truly successful life?
No, I’ts not over yet, so I can’t judge.
41) Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it?
Twirl, with a fork and spoon (allegedly the ‘proper’ way!!).
42) Ricki Lake or Oprah Winfrey?
43) Basketball or Football?
Neither, don’t like sports.
44) How long do your showers last?
Quick as possible, no time for mucking around when you have a 2 year old harassing you.
45) Automatic or do you drive a stick?
I have an auto but I wish I had a manual, they’re so much easier to control.
46) Cake or ice cream?
pass, I would rather have savoury
47) Are you self-conscious?
absolutely, who isn’t?
48) Have you ever drank so much you threw up?
I don’t even need to answer this one do I?
49) Have you ever given money to a beggar?
Yes. When we lived in London there are so many beggars. We used to buy them food instead – we were trying to be kind but I’m sure they thought we were dickheads cos I guess all they really want is a bottle in a brown paper bag!
50) Have you been in love?
Yep. Plenty of times. Did you mean “love” or LOVE??
51) Where do you wish you were?
On holiday somewhere nice, and safe
52) Are you wearing socks?
No. It’s summer
53) Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
54) Can you tango?
55) Last gift you received?
I got stacks of stuff for my birthday, too many things to list.
56) Last sport you played?
57) Things you spend a lot of money on?
58) Where do you live?
Near Newcastle, NSW, Australia.
59) Where were you born?
60) Last wedding attended?
26 November – don’t remember much of it though!
63) Most hated food(s)?
64) What's your least fav?
this is a silly question cos no 63) is the same.
65) Can you sing?
Yes (anyone want a copy of my CD?) Just kidding!!! hehe
66) Last person you instant messaged?
My friend in Sydney who I used to work with.
67) Last place you went on holiday?
Bulli, about 2 years ago.
68) Favourite regular drink?
Champagne, no surprises there!! If you mean non alcoholic then Coke Zero.
69) Tag 3 friends:
Whoever wants to – it is a bit time consuming.
70) Current Song?
Rudebox – Robbie Williams (4 more sleeps!!!)
Saturday, December 09, 2006
Singer in a band
Waitress (Silver Service when I was living in London)
Petrol pump attendant
4 Movies I watch over and over
Toy Story 2
The new Robbie Williams double DVD (had to get one of my own in there)
4 places I have lived
4 Tv Shows I watch
Lost (when it’s on but I now have Season 1 and 2 on DVD – birthday present)
Spicks and specks
4 Places I've been on Vacation
4 Websites I visit Everyday
www.bom.gov.au - I need to know if there are any storms coming (we get more work after storms)
4 Favorite Foods
Cheese - specifically White Castello, anything in the mature cheddar line - oh actually all cheese!
My mum’s steak pie
Thai beef salad
Spiral spuds (from Aldi – I heart them)
4 Places I'd rather be right now
Sitting at the pool bar at on a tropical island with a margarita in my hand (with Kathryn!!)
In a clean and tidy house
4 Favorite Band/ Singers
Robbie Williams (5 more sleeps!!)
Me !! haha
4 Bloggers I'll tag:
Whoever wants to.
This is a photo of me at my brother's house last week. HMmmm - not looking too good.
Lachie in my high heels and Daddy's purple tie - and that's all. I think he was doing a "Julia Roberts" from Pretty Woman!! hehe - doesn't impress Daddy too much though. Lachie is going through this phase where he just undresses himself, for no reason, other than he can!
This is me and DH at the second wedding we went to (this is before I got tractor faced drunk and temporarily lost my $500 camera!!).
I've got lots of things to say, but not much time - so i'll do some dot point random thoughts that come into my head.
- This time last year I weighed exactly the same as I do now and that annoys me like you wouldn't believe.
- I put on about 7 kilos this year and lost it again but told myself I was "maintaining"
- I am currently only two kilos heavier than my lowest weight of 73.1 but I feel at least 10 kilos heavier
- I could have been at goal now if I hadn't f#cked around this year
- I'm cranky with myself for not being disciplined enough to keep going with weight loss
- I'm cranky with myself for not trying
- I'm cranky with myself for eating crap, still smoking and not exercising
- I'm cranky with myself for having a house that always looks like a pig sty
- I'm cranky with myself for not organising to spend more time with my friends and family
- I'm cranky with myself for never sticking to anything
- I'm cranky with myself for paying $200 for 12 weeks of Weight Watchers and going twice (maybe three times)
- I'm cranky with myself for promising to clean the fish tank relilgiously after Nemo Mark I died and then not doing it (by the way Nemo(s) Mark II, III and IV are all thriving wonderfully despite my lack of care and the slimy consitency of their habitat)
- I'm cranky with myself for giving away all of my size 16 clothes and some of my size 14 clothes and now needing to go and buy more because I feel like a fat pig and all my clothes are too tight on me (even though i'm only 2 kilos heavier)
- I'm cranky with myself because i'm a whinger and nothing is ever good enough for me
- I'm cranky with myself because i'm tired and that makes me cranky
- I'm cranky with myself because i'm just an all round idiot
More random thoughts: (these may or may not be justified - only I can judge that)
- i'm a bitch to everyone I know
- i'm feeling fat and ugly and tired and run down and lonely and very sad
- i'm sick of DH working weekends cos we can't go anywhere or do anything
- i'm losing my friends but now i'm thinking they weren't really my friends anway as some 'issues' have occurred
- I wish I could win Lotto (I forgot to put it on this week so my numbers probably DID come up but i'm too scared to check)
- I wish I could afford the time/money to go to Curves (or any gym really)
- I wish I had a friend who lived nearby who I could really trust (just to confirm that I do have a friend who I trust but she lives very very far away and I don't get to see her much)
- I wish I had a friend who I could go walking with and who I shared common interests with
- I wish I could stop eating crap
- I wish I was a better mother
- I wish I was a better wife
- I'm sick of one sided relationships - I love giving (all the stuff you know making the phone calls, organising get togethers, supplying everything, going out of my way to make people feel welcome, relaxed, sharing and giving whatever is required) but when you give and give and give and get nothing in return except people relying on your generosity it gets a bit boring
So, enough whining ..... I need a plan. First of all I have to stop shitting on myself cos I have enough people in my life who will automatically do that for me. If i'm going to have someone on my side it may aswell be me right? Who is it that says one of the most important things in life is to be your own No.1 supporter? Probably Dr Phil. Anyhoo.... yadda yadda.
I'm having some time off over Christmas as the daycare is closed and we have no-one to look after DS. We are going to take a trip to Dubbo Zoo and spend some quality 'family' time together.
Daycare reopens on 8 January so as of that day I will start my New Year plan, which of course I haven't really thought of yet but I will have it all down in writing before then as i'm already starting to think about it.
I need to be more positive, I need to let up on myself and I need to get my life in order. I don't care how slowly I get to my goad, it's not a race, its about making positive steps in the right direction and sticking with them, not going backwards and then having to trudge through the same path over and over.
So, on that note I think I will also start a new blog. New Year, new me, new blog. Sounds okay.
Friday, December 08, 2006
Sunday, December 03, 2006
DS helped with putting on the decorations and tinsel so it's not as 'balanced' as the libran in me would like. LMAO!!!!
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Work is still really busy and now we're having computer problems which is just making everything worse. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. I'm going to do some serious overtime tonight to try and catch up and i'll probably be here until midnight.
We went to a wedding on Sunday, yes another one, that's it for the year now. I got really pissed and lost my good camera. I was devastated. I made a thousand phone calls all to no avail. Serves me right. I checked ebay for another one the same and they were upwards of $400!! Yikes.
My luck must have changed though cos the taxi company rang yesterday to say it had been handed in. Hooray - there are some honest people out there. We bought the taxi driver a $50 Coles Myer voucher to say 'thanks'. Damn site cheaper than a new camera.
So have I learnt my lesson? Bloody oath. Next time take a throw away camera!!!!! hahahahaha
Saturday, November 25, 2006
Thursday, November 23, 2006
- Weight - is increasing and increasing - not good but I don't have the time or the energy right now to worry about it. Currently sitting at about 76 kilos. Oops.
- Home life - about the same, maybe a little more stressful than normal. Lots going on.
- Work - ridiculously busy. Don't have time to scratch myself at the moment.
- Smoking - still smoking - too stressed to give up (again).
- Drinking - have been doing a fair bit of this. I didn't think I was drinking too much but I just came home with DS's Happy Meal, poured some scotch into the Happy Meal diet coke and drank it!
- Billy Joel - bloody awesome - best concert i've ever seen (so far) and a great night. I could rave about it for hours and hours.
- Wedding No. 1 - I bought a new dress at Target - I was in a rush and bought a size 16. It's awful - way too big and doesn't suit me at all.
- Wedding No. 2 - is this Sunday. I've decided i'm wearing my black dress that I wore to my 40th - hope it still fits me. I'm sure i'll look pregnant in it (and before you ask NO i'm not!!)
- Beautiful DS - is as cute as ever. Has come out with some absolute clanger sayings lately that have me rolling on the ground in fits of laughter. He's about the only thing that's keeping me sane right now.
- Robbie - 3 weeks to go. I have finally booked our flights and semi-organised lunch with the gorgeous Kellee. We still don't have anywhere to stay. If anyone has a suggestion about somewhere close to Suncorp Stadium I would love to hear it.
- Exercise - what is that??? Non-existant at the moment. I'm a fat cow. None of my clothes feel comfortable, I feel bloated, hot, old and tired and all I want to do is sit around eating junk food. Blah, blah, blah - i'm sure you've heard it here before.
So that's about it. I'm not sure when i'll be able to update again, but as the fabulous Emily said to me today, if you don't blog you don't get the supportive comments. So here I am!
Help me if you can.....
Before I go I just want to say a huge congratulations to my beautiful friend Michelle for competing in her first Triathlon (she's probably done three by now it's taken me so long to put this in writing). She sure kicked that Triathlon's butt!! Well done Michelle.
Ciao for now,
Friday, November 10, 2006
Went shopping last night but I seem to be 'between sizes' - which shits me to tears!!!!!!
Need to lose weight
Need to exercise
It would be SO much easier to gain weight and fit back into my fat clothes.........
Monday, November 06, 2006
Procrastination is the deferment or avoidance of an
action or task and is often linked to perfectionism. For the
person procrastinating this may result in stress, a sense of guilt, the loss of
productivity, the creation of crisis, and the chagrin of others for not
fulfilling one's responsibilities or commitments.
The word itself comes from the Latin word procrastinatus:
pro- (forward) and crastinus (of tomorrow). The term's first known
appearance was in the 17th century, during a sermon by a Reverend
Anthoney Walker on procrastination. The sermon reflected procrastination's
connection at the time to task avoidance or delay, volition or will, and sin.
I've been procrastinating about a lot of stuff for a long time. The day is nearing when I have to quit the procrastination and "stop dicking around" (to quote Kathryn). I need to wake up and smell the coffee. I've said this a hundred times before and yet, I keep putting it off. I'm sure you're all sick of hearing it.
I need to make a plan and stop giving myself the right to make up pissweak excuses. No-one else believes them, why do I ?????
Sunday, November 05, 2006
I've been going full noise for a while now and this is the first weekend i've had where I haven't had to do 500 things. So of course I woke up yesterday with a bad head cold, a sore throat, ulcers in my mouth and generally just feeling like crap. Needless to say I haven't done any exercise (actually i've been doing a few sit ups, crunches and things on the floor each night with little DS - he thinks it's hilarious and loves joining in) but no walking or anything else. I feel very tired and run down and I need to get myself healthy and back on track, starting with taking some vitamins and drinking a lot of water.
The next two months are also really busy for us. We have DH's work mates and their partners/children coming over for a BBQ (which we are holding at our house), a hen/bucks night, two weddings, Billy Joel concert, Robbie Williams concert (In Brisbane!!!), my work Christmas weekend away and then Christmas itself.
The birthday cake is finally finished and the cupboards are a little bare. I will need to go grocery shopping tonight to get F&V and good food for through the week. In the meantime i'm using my frozen soup and a chicken breast to make some yummy chicken soup for dinner tonight. Not sure about lunch, the only thing we have is frozen party pies and sausage rolls left over from my birthday weekend, which obviously didn't get eaten.
As for the rest of today, DS and I are watching movies and when he goes to sleep i'm going to attempt to watch "In her Shoes" which I bought ages ago and haven't had the chance to watch yet. It's raining outside and a bit miserable so its a good day for watching movies (and eating chocolate but just my luck we don't have any)!!
I tidied the whole house yesterday and put together some new shelves we bought for DS to put his toys in the loungeroom. Of course I spent ages categorising his toys and making sure all the pieces were still around then he trashed the place, pulled out all the drawers and threw the toys all over the floor. At least it looked tidy for 2 seconds after I had finished.
.....and on that note, i'm off to tidy up the mess he has made and do more washing. No rest for the wicked. Have a great week everyone and be good.