Saturday, December 09, 2006

Warning, long whiney but ultimately positive post ahead.

This is a very random and all over the place post, but it does have a happy ending (if you make it that far). I apologise in advance cos it is a bit of a tome and it probably won't even make sense to anyone else but me.

We went to see the Wiggles today. The new Wiggle is really good. He has a lovely singing voice. We had crap seats, even though I got on the internet at 9am the day the tickets went on sale and got "Hot Potato" seats (ie I paid extra). We couldn't see the back of the stage at all. Lachie hated being confined to his seat and just wanted to run up and down the stairs at the side of our block of seats. Anyway, it was an experience. One which I will probably not endure again! Oh, and they were selling Wiggles balloons - of course Lachie loves balloons - ten bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I got him one, but what a bloody ripoff!! Luckily I only have one child. The other thing that annoyed me was that the balloons have the old yellow Wiggle on them, ok maybe they didn't have time to make new balloons but hey $10 for outdated ones, just annoys me even more.


This is Lachie watching the show. This is what we could see. Plus we couldn't hear what anyone was saying. It was all very muffled. I'm thinking about writing a letter of complaint! So I paid $130 for 90 minutes of struggling to keep my son in his seat and a long distance view of some colorfully clad bodies. (OK that's not good English!!)


My little man, the love of my life - I hate to think where I would be if I didn't have him. He is the absolute BEST thing that has happened to me. Plus he's just so damned cute!!




This is a photo of me at my brother's house last week. HMmmm - not looking too good.



Lachie in my high heels and Daddy's purple tie - and that's all. I think he was doing a "Julia Roberts" from Pretty Woman!! hehe - doesn't impress Daddy too much though. Lachie is going through this phase where he just undresses himself, for no reason, other than he can!





This is me and DH at the second wedding we went to (this is before I got tractor faced drunk and temporarily lost my $500 camera!!).


I've got lots of things to say, but not much time - so i'll do some dot point random thoughts that come into my head.


  • This time last year I weighed exactly the same as I do now and that annoys me like you wouldn't believe.

  • I put on about 7 kilos this year and lost it again but told myself I was "maintaining"

  • I am currently only two kilos heavier than my lowest weight of 73.1 but I feel at least 10 kilos heavier

  • I could have been at goal now if I hadn't f#cked around this year

  • I'm cranky with myself for not being disciplined enough to keep going with weight loss

  • I'm cranky with myself for not trying

  • I'm cranky with myself for eating crap, still smoking and not exercising

  • I'm cranky with myself for having a house that always looks like a pig sty

  • I'm cranky with myself for not organising to spend more time with my friends and family

  • I'm cranky with myself for never sticking to anything

  • I'm cranky with myself for paying $200 for 12 weeks of Weight Watchers and going twice (maybe three times)

  • I'm cranky with myself for promising to clean the fish tank relilgiously after Nemo Mark I died and then not doing it (by the way Nemo(s) Mark II, III and IV are all thriving wonderfully despite my lack of care and the slimy consitency of their habitat)

  • I'm cranky with myself for giving away all of my size 16 clothes and some of my size 14 clothes and now needing to go and buy more because I feel like a fat pig and all my clothes are too tight on me (even though i'm only 2 kilos heavier)

  • I'm cranky with myself because i'm a whinger and nothing is ever good enough for me

  • I'm cranky with myself because i'm tired and that makes me cranky

  • I'm cranky with myself because i'm just an all round idiot

More random thoughts: (these may or may not be justified - only I can judge that)



  • i'm a bitch to everyone I know

  • i'm feeling fat and ugly and tired and run down and lonely and very sad

  • i'm sick of DH working weekends cos we can't go anywhere or do anything

  • i'm losing my friends but now i'm thinking they weren't really my friends anway as some 'issues' have occurred

  • I wish I could win Lotto (I forgot to put it on this week so my numbers probably DID come up but i'm too scared to check)

  • I wish I could afford the time/money to go to Curves (or any gym really)

  • I wish I had a friend who lived nearby who I could really trust (just to confirm that I do have a friend who I trust but she lives very very far away and I don't get to see her much)

  • I wish I had a friend who I could go walking with and who I shared common interests with

  • I wish I could stop eating crap

  • I wish I was a better mother

  • I wish I was a better wife

  • I'm sick of one sided relationships - I love giving (all the stuff you know making the phone calls, organising get togethers, supplying everything, going out of my way to make people feel welcome, relaxed, sharing and giving whatever is required) but when you give and give and give and get nothing in return except people relying on your generosity it gets a bit boring

So, enough whining ..... I need a plan. First of all I have to stop shitting on myself cos I have enough people in my life who will automatically do that for me. If i'm going to have someone on my side it may aswell be me right? Who is it that says one of the most important things in life is to be your own No.1 supporter? Probably Dr Phil. Anyhoo.... yadda yadda.


I'm having some time off over Christmas as the daycare is closed and we have no-one to look after DS. We are going to take a trip to Dubbo Zoo and spend some quality 'family' time together.


Daycare reopens on 8 January so as of that day I will start my New Year plan, which of course I haven't really thought of yet but I will have it all down in writing before then as i'm already starting to think about it.


I need to be more positive, I need to let up on myself and I need to get my life in order. I don't care how slowly I get to my goad, it's not a race, its about making positive steps in the right direction and sticking with them, not going backwards and then having to trudge through the same path over and over.


So, on that note I think I will also start a new blog. New Year, new me, new blog. Sounds okay.


7 comments:

angelfish24 said...

Wow, you were right! What a long blog entry! I'm sorry to hear you are so down on yourself. I get that way too but maybe not to this extent. I think it is a good idea to maintain thru the holidays and start over in January. You need to be your #1 fan, but I know it's hard. Some days, I can't be for myself by I trudge through a crappy day and usually the next day is good. Sorry to hear you don't have someone close by that you can trust. I do, but see them once a month so it is hard not to have the friend that is close by and can see a few times a week. I would love that too. But the family keeps me busy along with school and it's enough for now.
I know what you mean by the wiggles. We went a couple of years ago and we could hardly see the stage and my son was more interested in the kid next to him! Hope you have a better week!

michelle said...

You know I am here for you and I empathise with what you are saying. You need a good rest so you can find the energy to start again. Together we can help each other to shake off the baggage that is weighing us down. So Jan the Brichelle challenge starts Ok?

yublocka said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling so cranky with yourself Bri. I hope you felt better after purging your thoughts about whats bugging you! Good on you for making plans to address the things thatare bothering you though!!

Kathryn said...

I've been feeling exactly like that today. If I lived closer, I'd come over for a whinge session with you - it's always more fun with two :)

Perhaps the Wiggles balloon cost more cos it's a collector's item now the yellow wiggle has left. Hope the Robbie experience is a much better one!

Anonymous said...

Jeez girl you sure are hard on yourself. But I have felt that way myself and so I relate. The things is though that its a shame. Say you got hit by lightening tomorrow right... then you have wasted days feeling like a loser when you are such a wonderful person. You are so 'real', so genuine. I really like you Bri. I love how you care about people, you are compassionate and supportive, and you are so funny sometimes! You bring others up when they are down and you have great perspective on life. Plus I know you are a great mother - we all know that. So listen girl, cut this shit out and pull yourself together. So what you did not get skinnier this year - we have all been through that - AHEM! You have lost over 20kg!!!! That is a huge accomplishment. You are beautiful Bri - never ever forget that.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Oh Dear... what can I say....
Nothing that hasnt already been said...
I am afraid i am soooooooo far away but i would love to be able to come and have coffe with you and bitch about our crummy existance.. hehe then laugh at how silly we sound and realise how friggin lucky we really are to have gorgeous kids that love us to bits.. and partners that adore us.. and money to buy the things we need etc etc...
yeah we all have shitty days...
But there is always tomorrow...
as for the messy house...
It is yours... you live there... you are comfortable there... it is virtually impossible to keep a house 100% spic and span while you have children... you better get used to it because it is true...
Close your eyes... take a seep breath... and think about the positives... I want to see a blog about all the fantastic things you have and feel....
I bet they outweigh the bad crap...
And about what you have offered..I will email you with a suggestion later on...
Or try and catch me in messenger later or something...
Big squishy girly hugs..Nannette

Chunky said...

Yeah, what she said....

I don't want to hear you being so hard on yourself Bri! Are you sleep deprived by any chance? I know that most times when i'm feeling like everything is getting on top of me it's due to lack of sleep, then one good night's kip will make it all seem sooooo much better. I hope that's the case for you... (((HUGS)))

I wish I was closer so that we could get together. I know what you mean about true friends. Friends that like you for you and would do anything for you. USE THE BLOGGING COMMUNITY. We read you because we genuinely like you!!!! USE THAT!

I'm so glad that you're blogging more again, coz it really does help to get all that shite out of your system - it refreshes you somewhat, don't you reckon?

Anyway, you are not to be so cranky with yourself! You are ONLY 2 KGS HEAVIER THAN YOUR LIGHTEST EVER WEIGHT, and so many of us would kill to be where you are! Recognise what you have achieved and use that to pull you out of those doldrums...

Now that i've gone and told you off, loved the wedding photo (yr both lookin' HOT), I know what you mean about your little man being your reason for living (and also that you feel like a crappy mother sometimes), and bugger off to one-sided relationships, they are truly not worth the effort. Give and ye shall receive MY ARSE!!! LOL!

Hope yr feeling better by the time you read this, otherwise consider this a hefty kick up the bum!

xxxxx's (but not in a sleazy way - LOL!)