Friday, December 29, 2006

Sick

Ever since I finished work i've been as crook as ten brown dogs. I have a bad head cold, the sweats, a really sore throat and everything I eat goes straight through me (sorry if that's too much info!). I guess it's good in one way cos i'm eating like a pig (when I do eat) and not gaining any weight, i'm not losing any either though. So i'm pumping myself full of vitamins, cold and flu tablets and drinking heaps of water. DH is still drinking beer like it's going out of fashion but I can't even look at alcohol without feeling even worse. We have one more 'engagement' before we go off on our little mini 4 day holiday on 2nd January. The band has a show on New Years Eve. I really don't feel like doing it, but i'm chucking it in after this show and its worth a bit of money to us so i'm going to force myself to do it even if i'm still really sick. Hopefully i'll be better by then though, fingers crossed.

My house is a pig sty and the only thing i've managed to do this week is take down the tree and put away all the decorations, i'm going to try and get a bit more done today.

I hope you all had a lovely Christma and that Santa brought you heaps of presents. I scored well this year and we had a nice day with my brother and his family. Unfortunately I forgot to take any photographs (idiot!!) and I have nothing to post on here to show you. We took video of Lachie opening his presents but I have no idea how to upload that. My brother and his wife took photos at their house so i'll try and get a copy of them.

I'm off to make this Mushroom Strata recipe now, cos I bought the ingredients to make it on Boxing Day and I haven't felt up to making it yet, but if I don't make it today, i'll have to throw out all the food and that would be a waste.

I'll let you know how it goes.

8 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Oh Bri..I am sorry that you are so unwell.. that sux when it is the festive season...
And i didnt think you were "ranting" on my blog about CK
i read on Coco's blog where she was mega pissed off about paying her fee's also..and I think it truely sux....
But yes... I too would be happy to get into the late 60's.... even when i was 69 kilos my mother reaconed I was starting to look sick and haggard... yeah right mum... i still had a big arse... and I think even if i got to 49 kilos..(which will never happen btw) i would still have a boot... hehe
Hope you have a gr8 mini 4 days away...
talk to you soon... Hugs Nannette
P.s. details about your xmas pressies too... i bet he couldnt top your bday pressie...

Sarah said...

What a crap time of year to be sick. I hope you're feeling better soon. My husband is drinking beer like it's going out of fashion as well, I don't think I can keep up!

Good to hear you scored well with Xmas pressies anyway.

Leighanne said...

Sorry to hear that you have not been well, hope you have a speedy recovery:)
I also have a hubby that is drinking beer like it is going out of fashion...lol

sandii said...

sorry to hear you're not well Bri, hope you're feeling better soon, if not, i suggest a trip to the Dr... just in case.

hope NYE goes well and enjoy your mini break in the blue mountains, it's so beautiful up there. we stayed at the Carrington earlier in the year, oh it was good. i got a massage at the in house day spa and went to the chocolate factory, well worth a go!

anyway, take care and look forward to reading you soon
x

Kathryn said...

Why you go do something stupid like getting sick on your hols? Actually it happens a lot - if you are flat out, as soon as you take a break you get sick. Doesn't life suck?

Get well soon.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Hope you are starting to feel better Bri...And I also hope you are getting ready to bring in the new year....Hugs Nannette

Mary said...

Yikes, why do you have to be sick now but it always works like that doesn't it. I hope you are feeling much better and can enjoy the New Year!

x

Chunky said...

I reckon we put so much energy into staying well whilst we are at work that our body just packs it in once we go on holiday and it realises it....you poor thang!

Hope yr feeling better soon.