Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Over the hill!

Ok so i'm over the hill now. I haven't had time to post any photos etc. I'm back at work on Thursday so i'm trying to get the house cleaned up and sort out a few things here at home. I'll just quickly try and post some photos now and update next weekend when I have time to sit and reflect. Plus I think i'm still recovering.





I had SUCH a great weekend (well apart from Sunday when I just felt majorly sorry for myself after getting home at 6am!!). The party was fantastic but it flew by so fast and seemed to be over in a millisecond. There were so many people at the party but I hardly had time to talk to anyone. I spent a LOT of time on stage singing and a lot more time drinking - hey they ARE my favourite pastimes - what else would you expect!!



Here are some pics:




My gorgeous friend Michelle. She is an absolute legend. I don't know what I would have done without her this weekend. She looked absolutely stunning in this red dress too!



The cake, it was definitely worth the money!!



The balloons!!!!!




The drinking (it had only just started!!)


Looking at these photos makes me realise how much more weight I need to lose. Before I was thinking 6 or 7 kilos to go making a total of 30 kilos lost, but now i'm thinking 10 or 12 (more like 15). Maybe photos just make me look porky????





By the way the Robbie tickets that DH bought me are for the concert in Brisbane, so I also get a night away in a nice hotel (DH thinks it will be romantic) and a flight in a plane (I love flying) so i'm super excited about the whole thing. He really outdid himself didn't he!!

As for the other pressies, I can't even begin to tell you what great stuff I got, there was so much and people were so generous.

16 comments:

CaramelKitKat said...

The photos are great, and you look lovely! So glad to hear you had a great weekend, looking forward to the big rundown.

Seven kilos can make a big difference when you're at this end of weight loss, wait and see how you feel once you get there, either way you are definately looking good.

Coco said...

Wow. you look gorgeous and I love that cake. So funky.

Glad you had a great night. You deserve it.

You DH sounds great. What an awesome pressy! I would much rather go to Brissy for it. Makes it even MORE exciting.

Cinders said...

You look gorgeous and what an excellent pressie from hubby. Glad u had a great birthday.

Kathryn said...

About bloody time you updated!

That cake looks so gorgeous. I'd have not wanted to cut it... well for about 10 seconds :)

Good to hear you had a great night out.

TitanThirteen said...

That cake looks awesome!
40 isn't over the hill :o)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Briony !! It sounds like you had a wonderful night. It's a beautiful cake... and you (and Michelle) look fantastic!! And you don't look a day over 30 years old. Seriously! Here's to another brilliant 40 years!!

Suzy said...

You look gorgeous! I agree, you don't look 40.
Love the cake!
You and Michelle look so pretty.

Sue said...

Yes, your DH did outdo himself - but it's no more than you deserve, lol!
I'm with CKK - don't set your final goal until you get the 7kg off, then think about it. I was amazed by how much difference a few kg have made at this end of the journey.

Leighanne said...

Looks like a great weekend!!!
You look great - I just hope I look as good as you when my turn comes around:)

Mary said...

Look at how gorgeous you are and Michelle too! So happy to hear you had a great birthday and WHOO HOO great present :-)

Mel. said...

So glad you had a great birthday and great party. Have a great time in Brisbane at the concert. Love the cake and photos. You are doing so well. Keep up the great work.

Kellee said...

I think you are looking fabbo. You all look like you're having such a wonderful time - I'm really glad that you enjoyed yourself. I can't wait to hear more about it!

By the way, Tom was looking over my shoulder when I was reading your post and he said "Who's that beautiful little boy? What a cutie!" Way to produce offspring, Bri. He is a sweetheart. Hope you're well.

A BLOG NOT HERE said...

Hi Bri :)

WOW what a fabulous birthday YOU had!!! To me you are beautiful inside and out. Don't worry - the weight you want to lose will come off in its time.

By your words and those photos, your husband sure loves you and so do so many others. That party sounded and also looked very wonderful. :D

You're a lucky woman and I'm thrilled for you that you enjoyed yourself so much on your birthday, my friend.

A BLOG NOT HERE said...

Hi Again Bri :)

I forgot to thank you for leading me to BlingyBlob.com. I just went there and got some glitter letters for my blog.

Once again, happy birthday and I just love looking at that photo of you and your family. :D

Margaret said...

You look sensational. And I would wait until you reach your current goal before you reassess. Perhaps just toning will make you look lighter without setting the goal too low.

Hope you are enjoying your first day back at work today :)

Sarah said...

Happy belated birthday! You look like you had a great time and what a generous hubby!

I think I would reassess your weight loss situation when you reach your present goal.