Thursday, October 19, 2006

0, 1, 2, 3

0 days of work left (after today) I am taking a couple of days off. I was going to take all of next week but there are some dramas at work and I will probably need to come in for a few hours each day. Although I won't be relaxing when i'm at home, I have big plans for cleaning out our garage and getting the house de-crap-ified. The next week is going to be very hectic. As this is my last day at work I have stacks to do today and it's not going to be pretty. I also have to duck out at 2pm to get my eyebrows waxed. Hey I have to get my priorities right!!

1 day til my gorgeous friend Michelle gets here. (I can't wait to see her). Michelle is definitely one of the people in blogland that I clicked with straight away and even though we don't get to chat much these days because we both have such busy lives, it will only take us 10 minutes to catch up once she gets here. It's like we're soul sisters. We are very alike and very different all at the same time. I consider her to be one of my best friends in the entire universe and I can tell her anything and she won't judge me and I do the same for her. We're going out for lunch after I pick her up from the airport. I thought we might go here.

2 days til my party. (I'm a little nervous - as you may well know, I don't mind being the centre of attention, but there's about 80 people coming and I have no choice but to be the centre of attention, which kind of scares me a little bit). I just hope that I look glorious and that everyone tells me how skinny and beautiful I look!! haha. I'm getting my hair done on Saturday afternoon and i'm contemplating booking in for gel nails tomorrow as i've broken 4 of my nails in the last 3 days and I love having long glorious looking nails.

3 days til I turn the big FOUR-OH. I remember when my mum turned 40, I was 18 - I NEVER wanted to be "that" old. Now i'm nearly there, it doesn't seem very old at all. I know a few of you have said 40 is the new 30 and I completely agree. I was 18 when my Mum turned 40 - my son is 2 and a half. My Mum had two kids, I only have one (so far - more on that later).

I have loads to do and i've made a few lists (I'm a list freak) but I keep making new ones, or losing them, or leaving them at work and I need them when i'm at home, or the other way around.

I went for a walk this morning. Yay me. It's the first time i've done any exercise in about 3 or 4 weeks and it was hard, really hard. The flies were atrocious, but I just turned Robbie up on the iPod and tried to clear any thought of pain from my marshmallow head. Work has been tragic lately and we've been so busy it's not funny so I have prioritised coming in to work early instead of exercising. The number on the scales is proof of this as my weight has been yo-yoing for the last 4 weeks - up down up down up down. I'm nowhere near my goal of getting into the 60's by my birthday, but i'm staying between my lowest weight (73.3) and a kilo heavier - so all in all i'm not doing too badly at all.

I hate to think what i'll weigh on Monday after a weekend of drinking, cake, party food and whatever else I damn well feel like (calories don't count on your birthday do they??????).

I probably won't have time to update again until after it's all over, but i'll come back on Monday and upload thousands of photos for you all to gawk at.

So, on that note, i'll be back when i'm 40 and i'll have a drink for all of you on Saturday night!!!

Ciao for now,
Bri

11 comments:

Jadey said...

OOO Happy 40th Birthday Honey!

So excited for you and all the things happenign in your life. Don't even stand on the scales Monday just go for a RECOVERY WALK and ignore them. There is absolutely no point in punshing yourself as your birthday is most definitely a free day to do as you please. No weigh ins for a week afterwards

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Woooohoooooooo Happy birthday girlfriend...
I know you are going to have the most amazing time... So eat drink and be merry... very very merry.. hehe...And hell who cares what they scales say... how sad would that be, to be watching what you eat and drink on your birthday...
Go for it... you have our support and encouragement..
Just wish I could be there to help celerate with you...

Cant wait to see the photos...

Suzy said...

Of course you will look gorgeous.

Have a wonderful, happy, 40th Birthday. I will be thinking of you. xx

(Have a lovely time with Michelle too.)

Cinders said...

All your friends will tell you that you are gorgeous and skinny because you are!

Have a fantastic 4-OH! (I'm not that far behind you).. Enjoy your party, relax and def get your nails done.

Enjoy your day and your party xx
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

sandii said...

i am wishing you the happiest b'day ever! make it a night to remember, or at least one people will always talk about - even if you can't remember it! LOL

you will look stunning and i can't wait to see the pics!
x

Leighanne said...

have a great few days getting ready - don't stress - have a great time:)

CaramelKitKat said...

Here's wishing you the most fabulous 40th birthday and party!

Your yard looks fantastic (wish you little one loving the paving already) and I look forward to seeing the pics.

Get your nails done, and the ones on your toes too. Get a dry body brush, a wrap and a spray tan. Have a relaxing facial and whatever else it will take for you to feel all shiny and new for your birthday.

Chris H said...

Have a fantastic 40th, you deserve it. Your yard looks fantastic! You look fantastic. Live it up...

Lee-Anne said...

40 is so great. The best years ever. Enjoy yourself and BE the centre of attention you deserve it.

Have a fantastic time with Michelle, it's so great she'll be with you.

Happy, happy birthday Bri

abc said...

Happy birthday weekend Beautiful Bri. Its been a fabulous year for you. You hit 40 after movbing into your own fabulous house, having your backyard all done so nicely, after working so hard to look SO incredible - and you do! You are you, and you are fabulous,and 40 is the new 30 - Horray! Do not let anything spoil your weekend. Just have a ball and enjoy it. xx

Mary said...

Stuff Monday's weigh in, it's your birthday! :-) I hope you have a great weekend gorgeous.