Sunday, May 28, 2006

The letter "G"

Another Blogging game.....The rules are, you take the letter given to you and you have to come up with 10 words that start with that letter and how it pertains to your life in some way. ( I got this from M) Here's mine - the letter "G".

  1. Guts – this is what it took to start my weight loss journey and even more than that, its what it takes to continue, even when things are very very difficult and you feel like giving up, you have to have the guts to stand up for yourself and say “this is what I really want and I have to keep going”.
  2. Glory – this is what I’m going to get once I achieve my weight loss target. The glory of the compliments, the looks, the smiles, the attention of people who have previously ignored me because of my weight (don’t worry - these people will be snubbed!), bring on the glory and I will bask in it eternally!
  3. Genuine – This is what I am, and I guess those of you who have been hanging around here for a while will already know this. You don’t get BS from me, you get it like it is and if you don’t like it, I’m sorry – but its who I am and I have to be honest with myself and with others – I can’t be any other way. Sometimes this gets me into a lot of trouble, people don’t always want to hear the truth, but mostly I think its one of the traits that my true friends admire me for.
  4. Gigs – I love singing and I love it when the band does a gig. I’m looking forward to being at goal and being able to wear some damn sexy outfits on stage. I also won’t be the “fat one” of the two backup singers and that will be great!
  5. Gaining – losing weight means I’m a smaller person, but it also means I’ve gained in so many ways– health, happiness, that fantastic feeling when you get on the scales and you’re lighter than the day before – it just sets you up to have a fantastic day.
  6. Garbage – what I used to eat, everyday of my life.
  7. Garnish – what I used to call salad and vegetables, now the meat is the garnish on my plate!
  8. Gluttonous/gorging – these were my middle names. Now I see the value in small but luxurious. No more pigging out on crap for this black duck.
  9. Grasped – I’ve finally grasped the concept and I love it. Eating well makes me feel better physically AND mentally. I wish I could bottle this feeling for when I’m having a bad day (or for when my friends are having a bad day) – although my bad days are getting less and less.
  10. Grindstone – this is what I have my nose to constantly, but I need to remember to have some time out, prioritise my life and reward myself with time to relax, time with my husband, time with my gorgeous son and time for me. None of us have much time to waste, and in fact I don’t want to waste anymore of my life, I did that in my late 20’s and early 30’s but no more. Time is the most precious gift we have and I’m only just coming to realise that now, but at least I have realised it before its too late and I’m onto it and trying to enjoy every single second of my life, before its gone.

9 comments:

Suzy said...

Yes, "G"reat post and "G"ood times that you can still have while keeping up your healthy lifestyle changes now you know how.

Kellee said...

I think you're Grouse and Groovy and I'm Glad to call you one of my Gals!

Aren't you clever? Don't make me do that game... I can not brain anymore. Pass the chocolate, please.

I know I said it last post, but I'm so impressed by your attitude overhaul. Now you just gotta find that time to exercise and you'll be ever more rad. I wish I could give you a big hug because you're so rad!

michelle said...

THat was soo beautiful Bri, made me cry. You certainly have guts young lady and yes you are genuine and this friend appreciates all your wonderful attributes.

Yummy Mummy said...

wwlxfi
Well done on your loss 1.1kg... that is a huge result!! Love the photo also.. I love to be able to look back at photos.. nothign measures more.. in my opinion anyway!!
Take care and haev a great week!!

Anonymous said...

Great Post It was nice getting to know you better!

Leighanne said...

You did great with your letter!!

I am so happy that you are doing so well:)

abc said...

Wow. Great Blog Game. 10 things is alot though. I'd think 5 was more do-able. That said, you did a great job! Your 10 show what a remarkable and special person you are. Have a wondeful Week Beautiful Bri!

Mel. said...

What a great idea and great blog.

Margaret said...

Oh Briony - this is a brilliant post. What a great way to find out a little bit more about you and the way that you think.

I think you are Gorgeous and what you are doing for yourself and for your family is just fantastic. When you get to goal you deserve to bask in all that glory.

You go girl. (sorry - couldn't help myself LOL)